My name is Daxa Chauhan. I wish to formally submit my credentials to retain my position as a Director of the Canadian Reiki Association for the upcoming 2020-2023 term.
My healing journey began with self-healing Reiki where I learned to overcome fibromyalgia and depression. I am grateful to my teachers and the Canadian Reiki Association, who brought me on this life-changing path. Over the last 11 years, I have been teaching Reiki and advocating the benefits of being a member of the CRA. I have always come back to the founding principles of the CRA’s high standards and professionalism.
I have had many opportunities to speak on the topic of Reiki and to promote the membership of CRA. Highlighted below are some of my key accomplishments and contributions to the Association:
- Aided the Peel Police and the Court of Justice in a criminal investigation using Reiki knowledge.
- Speaker of Inspiring Minds Canada, promoting Reiki and CRA membership. Attend weekly “Philosophy and Life Conversations” – where natural health/Reiki are discussed.
- Presented a Keynote at the “All About Women Show,” and other events focusing on creating awareness around the benefits of Reiki within stress reduction.
- Worked full time at Chartwell Retirement to help residents after their surgery, stress and anxiety, by implementing Reiki into their wellness program. Also helped residents at Sunrise, Credit River and other homes by giving Reiki to them.
- Lunch and learn programs to educate corporations on Reiki and the CRA.
- Appeared on OMNI Television’s “Kitty Talk” to share my experience with Reiki and promoted it. Also appeared on the Dynamo Entrepreneur Show to discuss Reiki. Interviewed by several Radio stations to promote Reiki and the CRA.
- Published articles in the local newspaper and the CRA magazine regarding benefits of Reiki.
- Attended General and Annual meetings with CRA’s Board of Directors. Assisted and helped coordinate various projects.
- Participated in Healthcare events at the Credit Valley and Trillium Hospital, promoting Reiki and CRA to doctors, nurses, and patients. Spoke with staff how Reiki can be used in hospitals as a volunteer opportunity.
- Attended educational events for the CRA at McMaster University, to promote and demonstrate Reiki to Psychology students.
- Taught Reiki at “Royal Canadian College of Massage Therapy” educating student’s benefits of being a member of the CRA.
- Discussions with the College of Massage Therapist of Ontario (CMTO) how to implement Reiki into their case studies.